Today was my dad's second retirement party. This time it was cake and snacks and he got a plaque to mark his 36 years in the government. It is quite the achievement and I was happy to be part of the festivities. My dad got emotional during his speech to everyone. His life is going to change but it has been nice celebrating with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Portugal
Been a few days since the last post but I was in Portugal with the family. Everyday was a new and amazing experience. Great food, great sit...
-
After a brief respite from the rain during the day, the torrential downpours returned for the evening time. We even had a few flashes of l...
-
We had an amazing day in Juneau, Alaska. We started out taking a cab to the Mendenhal Glacier Visitor center where we got an amazing view o...
-
Today my wife and I went to a full day seminar to learn about finances, with a focus on retirement and planning for college tuition. I was...

It was very nice of you Samit to post this. I know you are proud of my work at the BBG, but I'm prouder to see you go to the leadership position at VOA News Center and earn the respect of all VOA colleagues! All my former colleagues at the BBG feel proud of your accomplishments and are not shy in expressing their respect for your work. These are memories I'll always cherish.
ReplyDelete